Monday, May 23, 2011

Cherry Lovin' Mice




We are celebrating the Queen's Birthday here in Canada and I am really enjoying a day off from the office. What better way to spend the day than making cards. With summer just around the corner (I think lol) cherries seem like a fitting subject. It was a really long winter here in Alberta and I thought Spring would never arrive. I love cherries just as much as these 3 little guys and will be looking forward to cherry season.


I left the inside of my card blank so it can be used for several different occasions. All images were stamped on Manga Artist Paper with black Memento ink and then colored in with copic markers. The dp I used is from a K & Company paper pack and the cs is chocolate chip from Stampin Up. The stitching around the edges was done by hand as I'm not good with a sewing machine - small or big. I leave that to my daughter and I don't know where she got her sewing talent from as its certainly not from me. I made the bow in the corner by using cherry ribbon which I purchased at Michaels, a large red brad and red & gold jewellery wire which I wrapped around a screwdriver to make into coils. I then added gold snaps to the other 3 corners to finish it off.


Well, I really should be doing something else today, but, its poring rain out and thats my excuse to spend the day making cards. The trees are really in need of a good drink which is what they are getting. So on that note I'll be off and I do hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and to those who read my blog Thank You for taking the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment