Monday, June 27, 2011

HMF #98 - Tale of Two Fishermice


This is my submission for the HMF #98 Challenge - Here Comes Summer.  And finally today it feels like summer here in Calgary.  We had the never ending winter which led into a spring full of rain.  Now today finally a beautiful sunny day which is perfect for making a summer card.  I have so many HM stamps but decided to borrow this one from my daughters collection.  There is no better and peaceful way to spend a summer day like fishing.  I think that these two little fishing buddies are adorable.  Theres a little frog watching them and the fish are almost ready to take the bait - I mean tales. 

The image was colored with copic markers on manga art paper and stamped with memento black ink.  I used a square nesti to cut the image out and did the embossed edge which you can't really see in real life or in this picture.  I added a thin SU more mustard frame to this and then cut out the green square using the eyelet squares nestabilities die.  The corners were made with gold foil which I cut with a floral doily accent spellbinders die.  I learned about embossing foil on the SCS site.  I have learned so many new techniques and secrets from all the wonderful people on that website.  I added sm blue brads to the corner flower centers and sm gold brads for the sides in the green eyelets.  This is all attached to a square of brown cordinations textured cs and then SU more mustard. 

I have a lot more HM stamps to share in future blogs.  Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Strange...I know I left a comment on this pretty card before...maybe on SCS? Love the metal embellies! Thanks for playing along twice at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue K

    ReplyDelete