Sunday, July 17, 2011

HMF #99 - Swiss Cheese Bate


This is my submission for the HMF Challenge #99 'Make A Splash'.  I have been really enjoying the HM challenges.  My daughter & I both have a lot of HM stamps and I have been using her's for the past couple as she seems to have a lot of stamps with fish & water.  I thought this image was so cute with these little guys using swiss cheese to catch the gold fish.  The gold fish don't seem interested in it at all. 

The image was stamped on Manga Artist paper with Memento black ink then colored with copics.  I used some of the new SU dp & cs that I got a couple of weeks ago.  Love the new colors they have.  The corner treatments were made with a new spellbinders die I received called beaded ovals and then I added some purple ovals to the centers.  To finish it off I added brads along the top & bottom with an oriental brad in the center at the top and a punched flower in the center along the bottom.  I decided to add a little sparkle to the goldfish to brighten the main image up a bit.  Here are the ingredients for this card:

Stamps: House Mouse - No Cheese Please

Paper: SU dp, concorde crush, pear pizzazz & peach parfait cs and recollections beige cs
Ink: Memento black & tea stain distressing ink
Accessories: Orange stickles, copic markers, spellbinders dies, marvey flower & corner punches & brads
Techniques: Alcohol markers & dry embossing

Well, our Calgary Stampede is coming to a close today and we finally had some nice weather over the weekend for all the folks who attended.  I would have loved to have spent today sitting next to a nice cool river doing some fishing or having a nice cool swim in a lake and 'making a splash'.  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and lots of nice weather.  Thank you so much for taking a look at my blog. 

  




3 comments:

  1. I love this stamp and your coloring of it is awesome. Great take on the Make a splash challenge. Hope you join the 100th challenge and blog hop, lots of fabulous prizes to give away. Thanks for your comment on my blog, so nice of you to take the time. Thanks for joining us at HM & F Monday Challenge 99.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the design and this adorable HM image. You colored it beautifully.



    --Cheryl--
    Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Love your coloring and embellishments on the fish!!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete