Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Poinsettia Christmas



These are 3 cards I made using my new poinsettia die from Spellbinders and a Holly die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Very quick and easy to put together.  I bought the blank cards from Michaels last year during their Xmas Clearance Sale.  The ovals are also from spellbinders.  I added stickles to the tips of the flowers to give them a little sparkle.  I also added stickles to the centres of the little red flowers.  Clear stamp sentiments were added to the fronts and insides of the cards.  I sponged the veins of the flowers & leaves with SU inks.  I used an ornament embossing folder from spellbinders for the background behind the white poinsettia.  I'm taking a couple of weeks off from work and am hoping to make some more cards and get some other crafts done.  I just received some dies from Cottage Cutz which I am looking forward to using.  So many creative tools to use out there these days and I just love them all.

I hope that everyone is enjoying the holidays and keeping warm.  We had a white Xmas where I live and very cold temperatures so its a good time to just stay indoors and get caught up on some crafting.  Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment