Saturday, January 7, 2012

Wool Crafts

I decided to do something different over the holidays and pulled out my Knifty Knitter which I had bought a couple of years ago and had never used.  I have only dabbled with knitting and am not really good at it but using this knitting device made it quite easy and I really like how it turned out.  My daughter showed a lot of interest in it and claimed the finished product.  She also ran out and bought one of these knitters for herself and went to town making a scarf and an afghan.  We have had a really mild winter this year but I know that the cold and snow is just around the corner and this scarf will come in handy. 

This is a scarf that I crocheted as a Xmas gift for my stepmom.  I was at a couple of craft shows just before Xmas and there were so many hand made scarf's this year.  Some really beautiful work.  So, not knowing what to get my stepmom for Xmas at this point I decided to try my hand at making a scarf for her.  I did single crochet stripes and added some fun fir down the middle which you can't really see except for the dark brown stripe.  Buttons seemed to be a popular thing to add for decoration so I made these buttons with jewellery clay and painted a glaze overtop.  Having given these scarfs away I do not have one for myself so have started to make one which I will finish before the cold hits us I hope and will post a picture down the road.  Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these scarfs are beautiful! I hand knit too, but have been so busy making cards for the last few years I have not done any.
    This makes me want to pull my needles out & start something!

    ReplyDelete